Tuesday 9 July 2024

Tongue-Tied by Christina Lee (Franklin U 2 Book #6)

TITLE: ⟫ Tongue Tied

AUTHOR: ⟫ Christina Lee

SERIES: ⟫ Franklin U 2

RATING: ⟫ 3.75/5

BLURB:Confessing feelings for your best friend takes being tongue-tied to a whole new level.

AUSTIN

Dex has always been my best friend, so it’s no surprise that we attend Franklin U together. We’re complete opposites. Dex is charismatic and outgoing. Me? Let’s just say I wish I could infuse some of his confidence into my veins. Making friends is hard enough, but trying to meet guys, even with Dex’s help? I’m useless. Maybe it’s because Dex is all about hooking up, but I want my first time to be straight out of the pages of the romance novels I read.

DEX

After a string of mishaps, I swore off helping Austin land guys. But when he asks me to show him the ropes with practice sessions, I get the feeling he’s desperate. Our dates are pretend, so why am I getting so into them? I want to make Austin happy, but the line between friendship and something more is getting really damned blurry. The fluttery feeling, that electric energy every time we touch…it’s addicting. I’m getting overprotective, not only of my time with Austin, but with douchebags who might break his heart.

Eventually, the pretending has to end so Austin can strike out on his own. But how do I tell him I’m not ready to let him go, when every attempt at confessing leaves me tongue-tied?

REVIEW: ⟫ This was a friends to lovers story in its’ most purest form. Dex and Aus have been friends for what feels like forever and despite their very different personalities and experiences, they are the very best of friends. When Dex moves out of their shared accommodation, they have to make more of an effort to spend time together and it makes them both appreciate the other even more.

Austin wants to move on with his love-life – or rather, start to actually have a love life – and as his best friend, Dex steps up to help him gain the confidence to get out there and find his man. What begins as a sweet attempt to help out turns into a series of dates and situations that make both of them realise just how much the other one is their person. But the big question is whether or not they take the risk on their friendship in order to have something more.

This was a very sweet story, with two young men who don’t want to lose what they have together who don’t realise how much they already share, with a group of friends who are rooting for them, and some nicely steamy moments. I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment