Friday 14 July 2023

Reluctant Renegade by Garrett Leigh (Rebel Kings MC)

Title: ⟫ Reluctant Renegade

Author: ⟫ Garrett Leigh

Rating: ⟫ 4/5

Blurb:“I was never scared of dying until I loved you.”

The shy single dad and the gentle assassin. Domestic bliss and a bloodthirsty revenge mission battle it out in the emotional fifth instalment of the bestselling Rebel Kings MC series.

Decoy

I met a dude in a bar once. Tall and strong, he had moon-blue eyes and tawny hair, and he moved with the grace of a lion.

It didn’t pan out, but that’s a theme in my life, and I’ve spent the last five years knowing that kind stranger dodged a bullet.

Divorced and miserable, I’m not exactly a catch.

But the thing is, that man...he’s not a stranger anymore.

And he’s as beautiful as I remember.

Everything you want in a fake boyfriend, right?

Don’t ask me to explain that one. But let me tell you I thought my biggest fear was losing my daughter. Then Folk came home, and I realised you can give your heart to more than one person.

We have a second chance. Goddamn, we deserve it.

But this life, man. It’s a journey.

And there’s no guarantees we’ll both make it to the end.

Reluctant Renegade is an MM/gay biker/MC romance. Content warnings for everything you’d expect in a sizzling biker romance, in addition to divorce/custody stress, addiction, and mental health rep.

Review: ⟫ We finally get to the brother with a kid, the one who remains on the outskirts because getting too embroiled in club business could cost him everything in his divorce/custody battle and it was yet another intriguing look into things.

Decoy is a puzzle – an integral part of the club, he nevertheless seems to remain on the outskirts. It’s been a tough time for the Rebel MC and everyone is more than a little punch-drunk as yet more threats head their way, and in the meantime, Decoy is fighting with his ex for access to his daughter. It was immediately evident that Decoy was kinda drowning – not through lack of support but due to the precarious situation he was in with his daughter, Ivy. Add to that, his hidden past with Folk has come back to bite him in the form of an idea that should keep him and Ivy safe and help with the custody issues.

Folk has his own reasons for being with the Rebel Kings and his history with Decoy is an issue. Add to that being tapped by Alexei for his special skills, and his commitment to looking after his old friend’s children, and Folk has a lot on his plate.

I loved the way they carved out time for each other; how they acknowledged that that night in the past had meant a lot to both of them, and worked honestly to find a way forward. It was also brilliant to catch up with the others and see how they’re doing – Embry is still suffering ill-effects, and the Rebel family is growing so quickly.

I didn’t feel that the romance was as much at the forefront this time and I found it a little difficult to understand why they both held onto the memory so strongly, but Garrett Leigh continues to weave the Rebel MC throughout readers’ hearts and this is an excellent continuation to the series.

I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment