Monday 10 July 2023

Overtime by Marina Vivancos (Alpha Omega Hockey Book #4)

Title: ⟫ Overtime (Alpha Omega Hockey Book #4)

Author: ⟫ Marina Vivancos

Rating: ⟫ 3.75/5

Blurb: ⟫ Ishir is happy when his best friend Zane is traded to his team, the Brooklyn Cats. Why wouldn’t he be? They’ve known each other since they were kids. Zane was the first person he came out to as gay—an Alpha who’s attracted to other Alphas. Zane has been there for him every step of the way.

Oh, and Ishir is madly in love with him.

Ishir isn’t going to make it a problem, though. Sure, they’re living together, so he has to see Zane strut around shirtless. And, okay, Zane knows about Ishir’s weird little superstition—Ishir can only come when he scores a goal. It’s his thing, okay?

But when Zane starts involving himself in who Ishir can sleep with…in how he gets himself off…well, things start getting a little more complicated.

Zane likes to tell him what to do, and Ishir likes listening.

They’re just best friends, though. Nothing more.

Ishir is just going to have to accept that…or break his heart trying.

This is the fourth instalment of Alpha Omega Hockey but can be read as a stand-alone.

Review: ⟫ I seem to have this issue with Marina Vivancos – I go through a couple of her books and absolutely adore them, then hit one that just doesn’t make it for me. Unfortunately, this is the second of the Alpha Omega Hockey books that I have read that didn’t hit the mark.

I didn’t like Ishir – I tried to, but I just didn’t. And I think I would possibly have enjoyed this book far more if told from Zane’s POV because I found his dilemma far more intriguing. The dynamic between the two of them was intense – to absolutely everyone other than them, it was more than obvious that they were enmeshed far more than they were willing to accept. Zane literally did everything but pee on Ishir to claim his territory, and his pouting/sulking was entertaining. The scenes where Zane insisted on helping Ishir to celebrate were extremely hot – I loved the way that during those moments, there were no insecurities or doubts – they trusted each other and that was lovely.

I wanted to like this more than I did but ultimately, I enjoyed this entry into the Alpha Omega Hockey verse and I will be reading any further entries.

I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment