Thursday 11 May 2023

Oblivious Roommate by Devon Doe (Am I the Problem? Book #1)

Title: ⟫ Oblivious Roommate

Author: ⟫ Devon Doe

Rating: ⟫ 4/5

Blurb:Tl;dr: Am I the problem for trying to sabotage my gay roommate's relationship? I have my reasons!

I [20M] moved to a different college just so I can live with my best friend since high school [21M]. But it turns out that in the two years we lived apart, he’s come out as gay, and he never told me! He also has a boyfriend, and I’m really not homophobic, but seeing them together bothers me. Other than that, we’ve reconnected like it’s magic. Living with him is amazing, and everything would have been perfect if his ass of a boyfriend wasn’t around. I don’t think that guy is good enough for someone as funny, interesting, and cool as my friend.

How do I make him dump the stupid boyfriend?

Update: So I’ve been trying to break them up, and I’m starting to realize that, possibly-maybe, I’m the one who wants to date my roommate. Help! He’s the hottest guy I’ve ever known and I keep screwing things up!

Also, is it gay to love smelling his sweaty T-shirt?

*

“Oblivious Roommate” is a best friends-to-lovers, gay-awakening steamy romcom filled with misunderstandings caused by an oblivious himbo who means well but has no clue.

While the books in the series share a setting each can be read as a standalone.

(Matt and Cassian’s story)

Review: ⟫ I remember reading this on social media and being in love with the idea that this roommate had accidentally fallen in love and discovered he was gay, so I loved the idea of a story that seems to be based on that premise.

Mattie is an idiot – I mean, I know he’s described as a himbo but the absolutely ridiculous ideas he comes up with and drags Aaron into had me laughing out loud whilst facepalming on his behalf. This story was fun to read, light-hearted with what I would describe as light angst – Matt handles the idea that he might be bi-sexual well, and his coming out to his mother was very sweet. The whole story is very sweet as Mattie tries to find the means to incriminate Logan, pines for Cassian and generally acts like a complete idiot.

I enjoyed reading it and will definitely look for more books by this author.

I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment