Monday 29 May 2023

Not My Groom by Devon Doe (Am I The Problem? Book #2)

Title: ⟫ Not My Groom (Am I The Problem #2)

Author: ⟫ Devon Doe

Rating: ⟫ 3.5/5

Blurb:Tl;dr: Am I the problem for sleeping with my cousin’s groom before their wedding? I did her a favor, really!

I [25M] hate weddings, because I was jilted at mine a few years back. But while I might be cynical about love, I’m not gonna refuse free food and a five-star hotel at my cousin’s nuptials. And since I was visiting my hometown, I grabbed the opportunity to hook up before the event. What can I say? I’m an ass man, and when I spot a ripe peach, I’m gonna reach for it.

So here’s the issue: at the rehearsal dinner on the very next day, I found out the man whose cherry I took is the groom [20M].

This guy is to marry my cousin, so if he thinks I’ll let his behavior slide, he has another thing coming. He even has the audacity to make eyes at me during the wedding preparations. I don’t want to ruin the celebration, but I will tease and taunt this cheating bastard until he admits he’s gay and calls the whole thing off.

But it turns out he’s actually sweet as a basket full of puppies, lost in working out his identity, and now I’m falling for him.

Am I the villain and a wedding-wrecker? He’s the one who cheated!

(And why does his dog have to be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen? The guy cooks a mean steak, has an ass you can bounce coins off, and owns a cute dog? Come on! I’m not in the market for a husband.)

*

“Not My Groom” is an enemies-to-lovers steamy romcom filled with wedding disasters.

When a commitment-phobic cynic meets a cheating groom, who’s actually desperate for affection, only a dog can talk some sense into them.

While the books in the series share a setting each can be read as a standalone.

Review: ⟫ This book seemed to be comprised of two separate ideas that kinda smushed together. We have the initial hot-as-heck meeting, where Logan and Kyle have intense chemistry and Kyle gives in to long-held desires. Unfortunately, he’s on the brink of getting married to Logan’s cousin and a whole farce commences there.

The second half is – more domestic I guess? I was confused by why Kyle chose to follow Logan – yes, they had chemistry but Logan’s behaviour was kinda awful and I couldn’t quite see just why Kyle would do what he did. The relationship between the two men is entertaining and pleasant to read, but the confusion – or maybe my inability to suspend disbelief – messed with how I felt about the story.

Ultimately, it’s a nice, pleasant read with some hot sex scenes and domestic bliss, but this missed the mark for me. I will, however, happily read more in the ‘Am I the Problem’ series.

I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment