Monday 29 May 2023

His Fatal Love by Leighton Greene (West Coast Mobsters #3)

Title: ⟫ His Fatal Heart

Author: ⟫ Leighton Greene

Rating: ⟫ 5/5

Blurb: ⟫ Easily bored, completely manipulative, and utterly deadly…and that’s just in bed.

As an assassin for the Castellani Family, I live for the thrill of the job.

I'm devoted to my Family and my Don, because they keep me safe.

To Leo Bernardi, I'm a monster.

A killing machine.

And a puppet that his Family can use for their own ends.

To me, Leo is just a pawn in a game that I'm playing.

A means to an end.

And if I have a little fun with him along the way, who cares?

Leo thinks he can seduce me. Tame me. Use me.

In this game of cat and mouse, the Bernardi Lion is about to get a big surprise.

But the more entangled we become, the more I start to feel…

Things I didn’t think I was capable of feeling.

Things I’ve never wanted to feel.

In my line of work, love is a fatal flaw. But the more time we spend together, the harder I fall.

Leo Bernardi is my greatest enemy…

Could he also be my greatest love?

**

Dive into a forbidden romance between a psychopath assassin and a Mob Enforcer. Get ready for seductions and betrayals, scorching love scenes, and an unforgettable romance as a cold case comes back to haunt two Families sworn to destroy each other.

Review: ⟫ Oh, Julian! I have wanted his story from the first time I met him and I was in no way disappointed! And the Lion! Oh my good Lord!

These two burned up the page – the psychopath (not officially diagnosed) and the henchman make an absolutely amazing couple, and adding to the whole BDSM club sexy madness, we have the mystery of who killed Julian’s mother.

There are plot points in here that had my mouth dropping in awe and glee; the sex scenes were hotter than Hades and I was absolutely engrossed in the whole story. Okay, I admit it – I’ve read it twice since I got the ARC which is NOT GOOD because I have five other ARCs to read – but I just wanted to immerse myself in the details and glory in the beauty that is Julian and Leo. Two more suited individuals I have yet to read, and the fact that both of them were trying to deny what it was made it completely and utterly delicious.

We also get Xander, Jack, Miller and Teddy as well as meeting other capos, many of whom don’t survive the book! In case it’s not obvious, I freaking adored this book and I am just so incredibly pleased that Julian lived up to all of his previous billing. An easy five stars from me and I am so in love with the West Coast mobsters that they almost replaced my other favourites in Leighton’s series.

I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment