Friday 21 October 2022

Vow of the Vigilante by Leighton Greene (Morelli Family #7)

 

Title: ⟫ Vow of the Vigilante (Morelli Family #7)
Author: ⟫ Leighton Greene
Blurb: ⟫ Baxter Flynn is a wanted man in more ways than one.

He and Angelo Messina, ex-Underboss of the Morelli Family, have only strengthened their connection while they’ve been on the run, working toward their goal: find the one man who can clear their names.

But the law is always nipping at their heels, and for Bax—once an FBI agent—his underbelly life has never been completely comfortable.

Now Bax and Angelo have a solid tip on the whereabouts of their target, and with the help of the Castellani Family in Los Angeles, they might just pin him down…if they can get to him fast enough.

Because they’re not the only ones with an interest in the fugitive they’re chasing.

And all the while, one question grows larger in Bax’s mind: What happens after?

How can he and Angelo possibly make a life together that isn’t tainted by blood?

Review: ⟫ First of all, I would really like to see any images Leighton used to envisage Bax – for * ahem * research purposes! Because when Finch described him as swole, I had to admit I really wished this was a movie.

And that was how I felt about the whole book – I could imagine it playing out on screen, with Angelo and Baxter pursing their only chance for justice, chasing down leads, intermingling with other Mafia families and enjoying being together. We meet Jack (who gets his own book His Lethal Desire) which is what led me to the Morelli family in the first place, as we try to track down Greco who could have a whole lot of answers for Angelo and Baxter.

Julian is here – I freaking adore Julian, and reading his shenanigans in this book, including his choice of outfit when he first meets Angelo and Bax, just made me love him more.

The biggest thing I loved about this book was the answers as to how a Federal Agent and the Monster of the Morellis manage to get a happily ever after. And they surely did – so much so that I re-read the last two chapters twice after I finished the book simply to soak in the joy of a well-deserved slice of heaven for the two of them.

This was a brilliant ending to my journey with the Morellis, although I wouldn’t mind visiting them every now and then – especially to visit Nicky and Carlo (hint hint) – and an easy 5/5 from me. My only regret is that I didn’t discover this series before.

No comments:

Post a Comment