Sunday 16 October 2022

The Dating Disaster by Saxon James (Franklin U #2)

Title: ⟫ The Dating Disaster (Franklin U #2) 
Author: ⟫ Saxon James 
Rating: ⟫ 5/5 
Blurb:Thousands of students on this campus, and I keep being set up with the roommate I can’t stand. 

Felix 
One date. 

 That’s how long it takes for Marshall Harrows to end up on my bad side. 

 Luckily I have no plans to see the giant teddy bear again. Except when he shows up as my new roommate, I can’t escape him, and he’s just as irritating as I thought he’d be. 

He leaves cupboards ajar and puts empty milk cartons back in the fridge. His bedroom door is always open, I find his underwear on the laundry floor, and he has this whole bashful sweetheart thing going on that I just … can’t … stand. 

But the most completely, horribly irritating thing about him is that he’s totally my type. And my friends won’t stop setting us up on blind dates. 

Marshall 

One date. 

That’s how long it took for Felix Andrews to steal my heart. 

The sparky little spitfire is everything I’m not. Confident, adorable, and completely outspoken. 

He also wants nothing to do with me. 

Which is a real problem when I want to give him everything. Including my virginity. But the more I try to gain his attention, the more I see the real him. The one who doesn’t feel worthy of being treated like anything other than a one-night stand. 

So I decide to take matters into my own hands. A total do-over. One night. One date. Where hopefully I can steal his heart too. 

Review: ⟫ Oh, this was a good one! If you have read any of Saxon James’ hockey books with Eden Finley, then you know the vibe that this book is going to have. And the fact that its’ a new series with different authors writing each book means you might find a new favourite. 

What I absolutely adored about this book (well part of what I adored) was that Felix and Marshall are part of previous books written by Saxon. So there are mentions of people you know and love from other books. You don’t have to have read them to make sense of this book, but it’s fun to play spot the character. 

There are also characters mentioned from throughout the series which makes sense since they are set in the same universe/time period. 

Marshall is solid – an all-around good guy, quietly confident in himself and aware that his attitude towards sex is not the norm for a lot of guys at college. 

He wants – needs it to mean something, which is part of why his first date with Felix is a complete and utter travesty. But something about Felix works its way into his brain, and suddenly they’re spending time together, getting to know each other and – well, most people would have realised they were dating without the sex but these two don’t! 

Felix is a sex-kitten, slightly battered in the self-esteem department, but confident of his attractions and determined to make the most of college. Until he realises he wants more and has to figure out a whole different way of approaching things. 

There were times when my heart bled for Felix because he was so down on himself (when he wanted Marshall to tuck him into bed and just wanted someone to snuggle with, my heart damned near broke). 

I loved Marshall carrying Felix around and enjoyed them getting to know each other. Sometimes the miscommunications made me want to slam their heads together, but that frustration was more than mitigated by my sheer love for the cast of characters, the situations they found themselves in, and just how darned cute these two were together. 

I am actually in the middle of reading Franklin U Book #1, and was pleased to spot Ty and Brax, and am quite looking forward to the new releases every week. But this one hit the spot in a way that only Saxon James can, and I was grinning by the time I reached the end. 

No surprise that I gave this a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment