Saturday 31 August 2024

Romeo Falling by Jesse H. Reign

TITLE: ⟫ Romeo Falling

AUTHOR: ⟫ Jesse H. Reign

RATING: ⟫ 5/5

BLURB:What happens when he’s your Romeo…but you’re no Juliet?

Romeo and I were friends long before we were lovers. Best friends. Ride or die. What started as an innocent kiss slowly unraveled and shattered, giving way to years of tears and total obsession.

Now I’m back in the small town I call home, staring straight into the face of the only man I’ve ever loved…or hated. To make matters worse, his wife stands at his side, smiling sweetly as my heart breaks all over again.

When life throws us back together, cracks quickly start to appear in the perfect façade of their marriage, and I’m left fighting the unstoppable force that is my attraction to Romeo.

My enemy.

My lover.

My life.

Some say fate is written in the stars and once something is done, it can’t be undone.

But what if that isn’t true?

If you could rewrite the stars and unbreak your heart, would you?

REVIEW: ⟫ I wasn’t expecting this to make me bawl – I really wasn’t expecting it to hit me so hard. Jesse H. Reign builds the story of Romeo and Jude slowly, so simply and easily that when the fall-out happens, it’s devastating. I was literally sobbing when the photographs on his cell-phone were revealed. I don’t want to inadvertently do any spoilers because I think this story needs to be approached completely fresh and unspoiled.

Think childhood friends to lovers, with misunderstandings and heartbreak before they finally find their way back to each other – it’s the simplest way I can describe something so complicated, painful and sometimes enraging! I loved both characters – I loved how complex they were, how easy it was to see how they felt about each other. I loved the fact that Jude came across as clear and open before you realise that he is much more closed off than originally appears – so much of his thoughts and feelings are in his head and he expected Romeo to understand and realise what was going on.

I especially loved Romeo but I cannot explain why. He could have been annoying, too easy-going, unable to open up but he was actually the easiest for me to understand after it all.

There is no attempt to hide the ‘wrong’ things that happen and perhaps it would have been interesting in the epilogue to find out what happened with the situation back in Alabaster, but overall, I absolutely adored this book and cannot recommend it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment