Wednesday 7 August 2024

Angel by Linden Bell (The Camboy Network Book #)

TITLE: ⟫ Angel

AUTHOR: ⟫ Linden Bell

SERIES: ⟫ The Camboy Network Book #3

RATING: ⟫ 4.5/5

BLURB:He was only supposed to be gay for pay.

Angel

I’ve never had sex before. And I've definitely never looked at a guy that way before. But with his brightly-colored hair and beautiful outfits, Rhys is hard to ignore--especially after I learn what he does for a living.

Signing up with The Camboy Network is way outside my comfort zone, but with Rhys guiding me the whole way, it doesn’t feel all that scary. In fact, it feels like fate.

Rhys

I left home the minute I turned eighteen, so falling for a guy from the old neighbourhood is the last thing I should do - especially since he's straight. But he's utterly adorable, so innocently kinky, and exactly my type.

We shouldn't fit together so well, but we do. No matter how hard I try to stay away, I can’t. Our lives couldn’t be more different on the outside, but maybe we're a lot more alike than we think.

Angel is a bi-awakening, opposites attract, size difference MM romance between a burly cinnamon roll construction worker and a flamboyant pole-dancing twink. Expect accidentally dirty text messages, completely unexpected kinks, and chivalrous courage that truly runs deep. Angel is the third book in The Camboy Network series, but can be read as a stand-alone.

REVIEWS: ⟫ I have not previously read any Linden Bell, a mistake I fully intend to rectify! This book was so much fun, whilst also being sexy, touching, kinky and full of surprises.

I loved Rhys from the first moment we met him – I loved his flamboyancy, his attitude towards people and life, and his general happiness with life. He was where he wanted to be, doing what he wanted to do, and no-one was going to look down their noses at him for him – especially the people from his old neighbourhood.

Angel took me completely by surprise – he was so quiet, so sweet, and yet just beneath the surface you could tell that he wanted to break free and become himself. He just didn’t know how. Angel’s meeting with Rhys at a family birthday was the beginning of the road to discovery – a road where Angel was happy to follow Rhys, learning so much about himself and finding love and new friends in the process.

I loved that this wasn’t a simple story, where everyone was accepting and they faced no backlash – Angel’s mother in particular comes to mind – but I especially loved how these two had each other’s backs from the very beginning, even if they both refused to see it for what it really was.

The sex scenes were extremely hot and discovering Angel’s kinks alongside him was surprising and fun in equal measure. I loves reading about the other members of the Camboy Network and will be looking out for their books. Reading this made me smile and feel good – especially with the way in which Rhys discovered that his family – both made and born – had his back in satisfying ways. I wish I could have seen the outfit Rhys wore to the wedding because it sounded divine and I can heartily recommend this book!

I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment