Tuesday 11 June 2024

A Stealthy Situation by Saxon James (Franklin U 2 Book #2)

TITLE: ⟫ A Stealthy Situation

AUTHOR: ⟫ Saxon James

SERIES: ⟫ Franklin U 2 Book #2

RATING: ⟫ 4/5

BLURB:Harrison

My life’s goal? Make plants fun!

I’m gonna be fighting for flora when I’m older and it all starts with auditing stats so I can level up for my masters, and lucky for me, the intriguing guy in my class is a math whizz.

He’s standoffish at first, but after a class where I bet my sitcoms can make him laugh, one bet leads to another and we’re hanging out all the time. Even though I know he’s interested in me, we’re easy friends, until I start to think I might be a little interested in him, too.

The only problem? He seems like a totally different guy in class to when we hang out. I brush it off as him trying to concentrate, but then I spot something I can’t explain away.

A scar. On his palm.

One I’m positive Benny has never had before.

Benny

Since we were little, my twin brother and I have always switched things up–literally. It started as funsies, and now we’re college juniors and still taking each other’s classes. I suck at Math, he sucks at English, and we both have a rule not to make friends in class as the other person. Our system is perfect.

Only Emmett has the audacity to get sick right before stats and I have to actually show up for my own class–where I meet my future husband.

Harrison is smart, weirdly into plants, and we instantly hit it off like old friends.

Only of course the gorgeous mountain of a nerd is straight.

Just when I’m telling myself to let my dreams of matching rings go, our text messages become constant, flirtier, deeper than I’ve had with any other guy before. My butterflies have butterflies every time we catch up.

And then I get a text from Emmett: I’m so sorry. I think I messed up.

REVIEW: ⟫ How lovely it was to read the beginning of the twins’ story. Emmett and Benny basically come from Hockey royalty, so the decision to run away from all of that hockey was a difficult one. Benny is doing okay for himself – he loves his frat, enjoys most of his college work, and is happy with his various hook-ups.

Until he meets Harrison when he is forced to actually attend one of his stats lectures. And suddenly, he’s doing and wanting things that he’s never wanted before. And that’s not even taking into account that Harrison has always previously identified as straight. The relationship between the two of them is an absolute delight, made even more so by the fact that Benny seems to be allergic to ‘love’ and being nice, whereas Harrison is the sweetest, most cheerful, cinnamon roll!

All looks like it might turn out pretty damned good until Emmett returns to stats class and Harrison notices something awry. That opens a whole new can of worms that it took some real effort to get through. I appreciated the fact that Harrison is prepared to accept the new ‘him’, support Benny and try to understand the twins’ actions without judging them too harshly. And the resolution – what we see of it – made me quite happy. I definitely feel like things were left up in the air because of Emmett but look forward to where Saxon James is going to take things for the Dalton twins.

A fun, satisfying read and a worthy addition to the Franklin U 2 series.

No comments:

Post a Comment