Friday 24 May 2024

His Hunter by MM Farmer (Omegas After Dark Book #1)

TITLE: ⟫ His Hunter

AUTHOR: ⟫ MM Farmer

SERIES: ⟫ Omegas After Dark Book #1

RATING: ⟫ 4/5

BLURB:The Dark Fantasy Club can make your wildest dreams come true…

Ari

An arranged marriage to a first-class, high-society jerk means that my life as I know it is just about over. The wedding is only weeks away, so I only have one chance to give myself a memory I won’t ever forget. Through the Dark Fantasy Club, I’ve found an alpha who can fulfill my primal fantasy of being chased through the forest, captured, and taken through heat in the most brutal way possible, just like I’ve always dreamed about.

Falling hard for my alpha hunter was not part of the deal, though…

Samson

I moved to Barrington to get away from bad memories of my time on the force, working in the Missing Persons Unit. But even as an ex-cop, I need to get my rocks off somehow, and the Dark Fantasy Club is perfect for that. Ari is the perfect fantasy partner, too. But the more I learn about his reasons for contracting me for play, the more I want to help him in reality.

And when our fake danger turns very, very real as we discover we’re not alone in the forest, I might just have to be the savior he’s needed all along….

Omegas After Dark is set in the same world as the lighter, fluffier Bangers & Mash series, but it deals with much more intense subject matter. Sink into the underworld of Barrington in all its super-hot glory, but don’t say you weren’t warned!

REVIEW: ⟫ Well this was quite the adventure! I was expecting the steam and it was there almost immediately. Ari is in the awful position of being an omega being married off by his family. But he wants one last adventure before he settles down into married hell.

Samson has seen far too much of the dark side of people. Taking contracts for ‘dark fantasies’ is the only thing he wants to bring with him to his new life. And the contract with Ari ticks all of his boxes.

The primal fantasy played out very well, with a lot of begging, pleading, exclamations of mine and satisfaction on both sides. But it pretty much immediately becomes obvious that what these two have together goes far beyond the fantasy but how exactly do they find their happily ever after when Ari has to return to reality? What follows is an adventure that the two of them fall into featuring people that they could never have expected and with potentially life threatening consequences.

The story was well written and enjoyable, with a palpable chemistry between Samson and Ari and an engaging darker storyline. I have read previous stories by this author and was pleased to have read this instalment. It will be interesting to see how further entries in this series turn up the darker aspect of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment