Friday 29 March 2024

The Caretaker by CP Harris (Infidelity #3)

TITLE: ⟫ The Caretaker

AUTHOR: ⟫ CP Harris

SERIES: ⟫ Infidelity #3

RATING: ⟫ 5/5

BLURB: ⟫ The only thing Noon Waters is sure of is his undying love for his wife. But when a devastating accident ripped both her and a good deal of his memories away from him, he’s left to navigate a new life weighed down by grief, anger, and confusion.

After stumbling upon an old receipt dated one day prior to the tragic event, Noon’s curiosity leads him to Haley Cove, a place he can’t remember but is somehow certain holds the key to regaining his forgotten years.

So focused on the memories he hopes to recapture, Noon is unprepared for the oddly familiar stranger he finds there instead. As a tentative friendship between the two men blooms into something more, Noon’s reasons for being in the quaint town become less clear. What starts as a quest for answers ends with a revelation too painful to bear.

What happens when the beautiful life you thought you had lived was a lie, but that lie is all you can remember?

**The Caretaker is a MM romance and book 3 in the Infidelity series. It ends with a HEA, and can be read as a stand-alone but may be better enjoyed if read in series order. Themes include amnesia, hurt/comfort, and second chances. Both MCs are consenting adults. Please use the Amazon “Look Inside” feature for a full list of what you can expect.

REVIEW: ⟫ Well this one is going to rip your heart out and squeeze it into a million pieces in every chapter! My goodness – it’s 6 am in the morning and I’ve just finished reading The Caretaker and the bonus scene available on C.P. Harris’ website and I had to get down how I felt immediately.

Each time I begin to read one of their books, I find myself wondering if I will care about the characters as much as I did the first time. And each time, I find myself dragged into a maelstrom of emotions – fear, pain, love – literally tears making it hard to read the words but needing to keep reading because I need to know how they make it through the hell that they are in.

Noon and Solace are no different to Jasper, Cole, Leland, Frankie – they are human beings with good and bad within them, fighting to find a way through their life that means something and contains some happiness. And it is a battle – Noon and Solace fight to get back to each other, even when one of them isn’t aware that that’s what he’s doing. This story was just freaking masterful in the way it wove the past and the present together. Even when you KNOW what’s coming, it’s still so heartbreaking that there just aren’t words.

I think I’ve said it before that C.P. Harris is quite possibly one of the few authors that can make me read infidelity and understand it – the understanding of people’s motives, how they live and breathe, what they need – it shines through in each story, and the Caretaker is no exception.

I would dearly love it if this one was made into a movie – simply because I would love to see if there was a man out there who could play Noon in all of his seven foot, intimidating glory. That and I think the sex scenes would be hotter than fire.

An easy 5/5 from me and please don’t forget to read the bonus scene – it was the literal cherry on top of a perfect sundae!

No comments:

Post a Comment