Thursday 2 November 2023

Unholy Trinity by Garrett Leigh (Rebel Kings #6)

TITLE: ⟫ Unholy Trinity

AUTHOR: ⟫ Garrett Leigh

SERIES: ⟫ Rebel Kings #6

RATING: ⟫ /5

BLURB:A full steam, page-turning Poly Romance. Why Choose one book boyfriend when you can have two? Satisfy your romantic cravings with this heart-pounding hurt/comfort love story.

The vice-president of the Rebel Kings MC.

The girl of his dreams.

And the six-foot-five firefighter-turned-bodyguard they can’t resist.

Nash

It’s three in the morning, and we’re in her bed. My body throbs from his mouth on me, my blood still whooshing in my ears.

I want to make him feel like this, so I can drown in it.

So I can drown in him.

Goddamn, I want to suffocate in every fibre of Locke Halliwell with the woman I love at my side.

He has me fragile already.

She has me in pieces at her feet.

And man alive, I wish that was all I had to worry about.

But this life. It’s vicious. It’s deadly. And if I can’t protect every soul I’ve ever loved from the past, the future is already in ashes at my feet.

Unholy Trinity is the sixth instalment in the bestselling Rebel Kings MC series. An MMF romance with strong MM romance content, hurt/comfort, angst, found family, forced proximity, single dad, and friends-to-lovers tropes.

Content warnings for everything you’d expect from a biker romance.

REVIEW: ⟫ Good Lord, this book! Talk about steamy! Unlike the rest of the series, this book is clearly a threesome from the very beginning, with both Orla and Nash making sure that Locke knows that this is not just for fun – this has Feelings with a capital F. The chemistry between the three of them is off the charts, with the physical side of things being a very clear merging of all of them rather than them just pairing off randomly.

The background knowledge provided on Nash and Orla – she having faced the threat of SA from an early age, he growing up with parents that thought being gay/bisexual was wrong – helped to explain why neither of the have acted on their feelings for Nash previously. However sex-positive they both might be, they have their own issues. Locke is a gigantic marshmallow wrapped in the body of a sex-God, with the mouth and experience to know how to man-handle someone and make them like it. He also has an extremely tragic backstory that just about broke my heart.

I knew I was in trouble when I was nearly 89% of the way through the book and the main ‘storyline’ had still not been resolved. What I was not expecting was that cliffhanger – I’m surprised Garrett Leigh didn’t hear my scream of outrage! I’m in two minds as to whether or not I wish I had waited until the second part of this one is out – I wasn’t aware that there was going to be a cliffhanger so that does explain some of my pain/sorrow/outrage.

This is yet another stunning story from Garrett Leigh and I highly recommend reading it. You definitely need to have read the rest of the Rebel Kings series because otherwise all of the names/partners/relationships could quickly get muddled. If you’re squeamish about heterosexual encounters in your MM literature, then this is NOT the book for you – the scenes involving Orla are just as explicit as those involving Nash and Locke (definitely here for the PAN/Bisexual representation), written beautifully and evocatively as always.

Now I just have to wait for the next instalment! I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment