Thursday 18 May 2023

Never Have I Ever: Wanted My Brother's Rival by Willow Dixon

Title: ⟫ Never Have I Ever: Wanted my Brother’s Rival

Author: ⟫ Willow Dixon

Rating: ⟫ 4/5

Blurb: ⟫ “Why is the one person I hate the only guy I can’t stop thinking about?”

West, my older brother’s high school rival. The rich kid who has it all. The guy who disappeared six years ago and destroyed my brother’s life.

I thought West and I were friends. I trusted him, but he showed me I was nothing more to him than a means to an end.

Being twenty and in my last year of college isn’t easy. Neither is being a virgin. I’ve never been normal or felt like I fit in, and I don’t feel what I’m supposed to.

My online job has given me the perfect way to solve my virginity problem, but then the last person I ever wanted to see again shows up on my doorstep. Not only has West learned what I do for a living, he’s essentially my landlord.

I hate him. So why can’t I stay away from him? Why is he the only person I’ve ever felt a connection with, who makes me feel like there’s something in me worth wanting?

Eli and West’s story is an enemies-to-friends-to-lovers romance between a former bad boy who seemingly has it all and an awkward genius who’s never felt like he fits in. Expect lots of banter and hot first times as these two try (and fail) to stay away from each other. It is the fourth novel in the steamy Never Have I Ever series but can be read as a standalone.

Review: ⟫ This was a sweet wrap up to the series. I have enjoyed the glimpses of Eli that we have had, learning a little more about him in each book until it definitely felt like it was time for his story.

The link between he and West was so caring and sweet and made me smile on numerous occasions: one of the best examples is when Eli turns to West and asks him if they’ve been doing something and West replies ‘I wonder how long it would take you to notice’. West just accepts the person that Eli is, with his foibles, habits and little quirks – in fact, he relishes them and it shows in the way he treats Eli. In return, Eli flourishes under the attention.

I also really enjoyed the relationship between Eli and the housemates, how as he began to accept the care that West was giving him, he in turn blossomed in his friendships.

This was a lovely book, with some hot sex scenes (including the camming) and as I said, excellent closure for the series.

I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment