Friday 20 January 2023

Sainted by Jesse H. Reign

Title: ⟫ Sainted

Author: ⟫ Jesse H. Reign

Rating: ⟫ 5/5

Blurb: ⟫ Falling for my kidnapper is a terrible idea.

He’s a bad man and I don’t mean trash like your ex. I mean seriously bad. I mean dangerous. You can tell just by looking at him; black eyes, a menacing scowl, and a nose that’s been badly broken in the past.

He is my arch nemesis. My mortal enemy. My singular obsession.

I was afraid of him when we met. He took me against will and kept me chained to a bed. Me, Damon Alexander Beckett of BeckIT fame and fortune. Well, the joke’s on him because I’m going to make it my life’s mission to destroy him. But first, I have to survive being his captive. He’s here all the time. Watching me. His heavy male presence never more than five feet away, dark, glinting eyes tracking down my body.

When he propositions me indecently, I am shocked and outraged. As I should be. Seriously, the audacity of him is unreal.

It’s obvious I should say no. It goes without saying. Any sane person would laugh in his face.

So why am I sinking to my knees?

Review: ⟫ Oh my, yes! I wasn’t sure what I was letting myself in for when I began reading this, but it was a rollicking, sexy ride! When Damon is kidnapped, he makes his feelings perfectly clear – he is not here for it and he fully intends to make his kidnapper’s life a complete and utter misery.

When A$$hole (as Damon calls him) took the job to kidnap Damon, he was expecting a run of the mill, easy job. Instead, he gets a mouthy, obnoxious, sexy brat who winds him up, exhausts him and fascinates him in equal measure. These two together alternatively cracked me up with their behaviour towards each other – talk about being determined to one-up each other – and made me wonder just how they were going to get their HEA.

The way Saint and Damon interacted was pure gold, and I was laughing more than once reading the story. I was seriously invested in how things turned out, especially when the kidnapping took a turn for the unexpected. Damon was an excellent character – he knew exactly who he was, until suddenly he didn’t and Saint was bringing things out that he had never expected. Saint was more of a surprise with how vulnerable he allowed himself to be and how he interacted with Damon.

I don’t want to spoil anything by revealing more of what happens in this story, but I will say that the sex scenes were steamy as all get-out, with some twists that I wasn’t expecting. The ride towards their HEA was like a roller-coaster and I was gutted and exhilarated in equal measure I raced through the story. This is the second Jesse H. Reign book I’ve read over the last 24 hours and I’m off to look for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment