Tuesday 15 November 2022

The Final Stroke by Daniel May (Taste of Ink #3)

Title:
 ⟫ The Final Stroke (The Taste of Ink Part 3)
Author: ⟫ Daniel May
Blurb: ⟫ “I’m not a people person, but I’m also not an idiot. I know what it looks like when someone is trying their best to sabotage a good thing.”

Trinket’s affair is coming to a close. After living with boyfriend Zee and side piece Mini under one roof for weeks, his ability to play the game has finally hit a wall. It isn’t just guilt, and it isn’t just the impracticality of cheating on Zee right under his nose. It’s the fact that Zee and Mini actually seem to <i>like</i> each other.


Zee’s patience seems like it can hold out forever, his care for Trinket expanding to cover the abrasive tattoo artist. As Mini settles in as house-guest, he gets cozy with more than Zee’s credit card. The two of them talk art, kink, and baggage. Opening up comes alongside new opportunities in the bedroom, and the inevitable question of ‘What’s next?’

When the time comes, Trinket isn’t the only one finally forced to make a choice.

Review⟫ I didn’t think this series could get any hotter but I was so, so wrong! How Trinket didn’t explode with having Mini and Zee under the same roof, I really don’t know! The relationship between Zee and Mini is incredible – it was like two lions circling each other and I was on the edge of my seat, wondering when/if they were going to attack each other!

I really didn’t know how this whole situation was going to be resolved – I couldn’t see how there could be a happy ever after with how things had started and I was fascinated to see just where it was going to go.

Daniel May handled this whole thing masterfully – Trinket, Mini and Zee felt real; their reactions, emotions, actions – it all felt real and I was immersed from the first page to the last. I wasn’t sure if there was any way in which I could be satisfied with how this trilogy ended but I completely am. There are too many ways in which I could spoil things and I am trying to be as vague as possible. All I can say is if you can get past the cheating angle, this series is a hot, intense read and I cannot recommend it enough.

5/5 from me and I may re-read once I’ve managed to get my brain cells together after reading all three of these books in one weekend.

I received an ARC from GRR. 


No comments:

Post a Comment