Wednesday 30 November 2022

Blue Blood by L.C. Davis (The Godbearer #3)

Title: ⟫ Blue Blood (The Godbearer book #3)

Authors: ⟫ L.C. Davis

Rating: ⟫ 4/5

Blurb: ⟫ If three's a crowd, what does that make four?

My love life, apparently. Now I'm on the run with Cyrus, Sam, and Alex, and that's not even accounting for the fact that I'm pregnant—with twins—and my overbearing mother is along for the ride.

Oh, and did I mention I found out Zeus is my father? Yeah, that Zeus. Turns out Cameron's not the only one who's been hunting me down. And I might have to rely on my not-so-absent dad to protect me from the relentless vampire who's probably the father of my children.

Can you get a bulk discount on paternity tests? Because I'm going to need around half a dozen to sort this shit out.

Review: ⟫ I thought this was the last book in the series, but nope, there is definitely more to come which is both a good and a bad thing. Good because this story is addictive, entertaining, innovative and enticing – this instalment was chock-full of Gods, enemies, the Ichor and Cameron being confusing as all hell. Bad because I thought we were going to get all of the answers and a conclusion but now I have to wait for the next instalment.

I actually stayed up all night reading this – I was so excited when I received the ARC that I decided sleep was for the weak (in retrospect, I am weak and need all of the sleep). It kept me entertained and glued to the page until the very end. We received POV from Alex, Cyrus and Cameron which I don’t remember so much from the first two books but they were appreciated.

Chase remains sassy and determined – I don’t know if I would have the guts to do what he did with Cameron and the river, and let’s not even go there with a certain dog! His men continue to muscle each other around for ‘pole’ position, and the plot continues apace. Most definitely an entertaining read and only one niggle really from me – there is a part of me that would have preferred the complete book in one giant blockbuster read, but then I’d probably need matchsticks to keep my eyes open!

I received an ARC from GRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment