Wednesday 19 October 2022

No Peeking by Ki Brightly

Title: ⟫ No Peeking
Author: ⟫ Ki Brightly
Blurb: ⟫ The Do-Gooder

Noble Warwick owed Detective Walker everything after he saved him from a man trying to murder him. Noble would have happily done anything as a thank-you, so he agrees almost immediately when the rugged detective asks to take him out on a date. Noble is excited about his good luck, especially after surviving something so terrible. The relationship grows in a fast and obsessive way.

The Demon Detective

But Detective Abraham Walker, who goes by Tyler, isn’t exactly what he seems. Noble gradually discovers Tyler might be more dangerous than the man who tried to kill him. The problem? Noble insists on seeing the best in people, and it might be too late before he is ready to admit Tyler is a demon in disguise.

No Peeking is a spooky paranormal romance with one grumpy detective; one sweet sunshine man, who has a wide-open heart; and a happy ending—despite all the danger.

Review: ⟫ First of all, that cover is FIRE!!! Like, seriously, I should have heeded the warning the cover gives because this book was wrong in so many ways!

To be fair, I didn’t connect with Noble at all – my entire focus was pretty much on Tyler and Abraham because that was an effed up mess that appealed to me. This book did not go where I expected it to at all, and I absolutely loved the twists and turns. The feelings of the man versus the demon, and how that affected the relationship with Noble was fascinating. I could read the inner battles of Tyler for a few more chapters.

The sex was almost secondary – and kinda perfunctory if I’m going to be honest – but the story gripped me enough so that was just a niggle. If you like to read a little bit of dark, some gory violence, and an effed up main character, I would recommend giving this a read. To say any more would be a spoiler and I think one of the great things about this book was that I went into it with next to no information apart from vague trigger warnings I’d picked up from Reddit.

No comments:

Post a Comment