Friday 21 October 2022

Married to the Mobster by Leighton Greene (Morelli Family #1)


Title:
 ⟫ Married to the Mobster: Morelli Family (M/M Mafia Romantic Suspense Book 1)
Author: ⟫ Leighton Greene
Blurb: ⟫ The Mob sent him to kill me, but he owed me a debt...

Years ago I saved his life, and we spent one hot night together before he disappeared. Now this bad boy's all grown up, and living a dangerous life. But when his Family decides to send a message to my father, it's my life on the line.

Only he can't bring himself to do it when he realizes who I am.

He bargains for my life.

He argues to keep me as a hostage instead of killing me.

He even agrees to marry me, but not for love.

Marrying me is the only way he can repay his debt to me.

He tells me he'll keep me alive only as long as his Boss allows it.

What he doesn't know is that I've loved him since the first moment I laid eyes on him. I'll take him any way I can get him. Sleeping with the enemy never felt so good...

But is there someone else who wants me dead?

Review: ⟫ My kind of mobsters!! There is absolutely no way to pretend that Luca isn’t in the mob – it’s written all over him, with every move he makes and every word he speaks. And he doesn’t try to pretend that he isn’t in the Mob. Which means that this book has some violence, blood and death and I’m absolutely fine with that!

Finch was absolutely brilliant! He didn’t have a thought in his head that he didn’t voice which was perfect since Luca seemed struck dumb and didn’t seem to know what to do with him. The attraction between these two is off the charts from the first time they meet, and that heat permeates the entire book. You can well believe that Luca would kill for Finch – call it chemistry, attraction, heat – whatever it is, he is head over heels for Luca, and even though he tries to hide it from people who would take advantage, it’s pretty damned obvious!

I loved this entire book and devoured it in one night – the machinations behind the scenes, the Donovan Family, the Morrellis – the entire cast are entertaining, fully fleshed and the book was riveting. Really pleased I found this series and can’t wait to get to book 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment