Friday 21 October 2022

Enticed by the Enemy by Leighton Greene (Morelli Family #3)


Title:
 ⟫ Enticed by the Enemy (Morelli Family #3)
Author: ⟫ Leighton Greene
Blurb: ⟫ He’s an FBI profiler who’s half my age. Contact between us is forbidden. But I can’t stay away from him.

As the Morelli Underboss, I'm the Family problem-solver. So when a task force blames the Morellis for a series of murders in Central Park, it's up to me to restore our reputation.

But Fate puts me on a collision-course with an agent on the very task force dedicated to bringing down my Family…

And we end up on the run together.

My heart has been ice-cold for decades, but something about him sets my blood on fire.

It would be crazy of me to trust a Fed. But he claims he wants to prove my innocence. That the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We each want to solve this case for different reasons, but we’ll both end up dead if he can’t follow my lead.

So to make him behave, I’ll use every weapon I have—including my body.

But why do I feel like I’m the one losing control?

Enticed by the Enemy is a M/M mafia romance set in the world of the Morelli Crime Family. It can be read as a stand-alone, but it's even more fun to read the series in order. Characters and events from previous books are referenced.

Review: ⟫ Okay, I dare anyone who’s read the previous books to not be curious about Angelo – Mr Strong, Silent and Menacing in the background. I dived into this book not sure what I was expecting, but his relationship with Baxter wasn’t it. I was immersed in the mystery, fascinated by the insight into Angelo and his relationship with Tino and more than a little in love with him from the very beginning.

This was a brilliant addition to the Morelli Family story – murder and intrigue, all playing out with everything going on in the Family in the background. I was dragged along, trying to piece the clues together, although I admit I did kinda figure out who it was. But who the hell cares? Because this was hotter than sin, intriguing and just completely and utterly fun to read!

I’ve been reading these books back to back, waiting for one of them to show signs of slipping in tightness of the writing, the plot, the world building – but it all just keeps getting better and better.

I freaking loved the ending – I thought it was an absolutely excellent way for things to keep going. I couldn’t wait to dive into the next story – review to come shortly – and am looking forward to book 7. Another 5/5 from me for this author! 

No comments:

Post a Comment